Being a little bitch takes time. Being a little bitch is a compilation of really crappy thinking patterns that to your unconscious mind, serve a really good purpose – to keep you just as you are. The only problem is that our conscious mind, or the part of your mind that makes decisions wants to grow. Our mind is literally a battle zone every single day. (For in-depth instruction go to http://www.laurenherrera.com/363)
Both minds want to be in charge.
At Growth-U we have 7 distinct operating systems or patterns our unconscious mind will run when it senses you’re changing or growing. It’s a sabotaging behavior we are unaware of or are aware of but don’t know how to stop. In this and the next 6 podcast episodes I’ll be sharing with you what the patterns are and how you can change them…
I’ll help you put your big girl panties on.
A Success Seeker keeps looking for outside herself for something she already has inside. She’s externally motivated.
I get it, you’re empathetic, tuned in, tapped in, turned on — you’re spiritual. And when you don’t feel aligned or in flow with what you’re doing you want to stop. I get it. And there is some truth to being in flow and things being easy. Heck! The amount of content I “put out” is easy because I am aligned with my vision. Of course there are times I don’t feel like doing the means, but my end, my vision is too big to let little stuff drag me down.
A Success Seeker constantly looks outside herself for answers.
What happens is this; we set a goal to lose weight or become more fit and we motivate ourselves by EXTERNAL FEEDBACK.
- To get the man or woman we have our eyes on.
- To make the women in the gym envious of our hot body.
- To get the adoration of others.
So, if the diet or exercise program we’re on gets hard (which it will), and you say to yourself or your bestie, “I just don’t think this is right for me. I don’t feel aligned with it.” YOU’RE right! You aren’t aligned with it because you aren’t getting the EXTERNAL feedback!
Welcome to deception, honey!
Here are your BIG. GIRL. PANTIES!
We have to work backwards from your goal one step at a time…That way the means (the diet, the exercise, the meditation, the journaling) will become more and more doable because they will become enjoyable because they will bring you to your goal.
- Create your vision/desired outcome/goal (whatever you want to call it)
- Create 3 reasons why you want it
- Imagine how you’d feel when you experienced those reasons
- Take inspired action daily towards those experiences
Here’s what I mean:
- Desired Outcome: Lose 10 pounds
- I want to feel sexy naked
- I want to feel more comfortable in my clothes
- I want to feel accomplished – that I did what I said I’d do
- Set a timer for 5 minutes every day and imagine how you’d feel if your reasons were your reality
- Everyday look for a small way to experience your reasons
- Look at yourself in the mirror and say, “this is all good. Look at those legs that carry me through the world. Look at those arms that embrace others. Look at my waist that holds all my magical organs!”
- Get rid of clothes you feel terrible in! Even if it’s just one shirt a week!
- Set mini goals daily, like adding a glass of water with each meal
This way, when the means gets tough – you don’t want to workout, you want to binge – YOU WILL STILL BE ALIGNED with it because your vision is motivated internally. The stimulus from the outside in won’t affect you!
Pretty soon, you’ll
start eating like a boss!
Listen to the episode, share with your friends and let me know how it impacted you!
(This episode was a combination of Growth-U’s Cycle of Performance teaching model and my 18 yrs fitness experience)
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ R&R on iTunes and be entered to win a $50 amex gift card! Just send me a screenshot of your review!