Think of this episode like a one on one coaching session all about the struggles you have losing weight.
It’s jam packed with Growth-U’s teaching model, the Cycle of Performance. Below is an overview of words and concepts you’re about to use to supercharge your weight loss!
Cycle of Performance
- A – attitude is high
- C – unconsciously incompetent
- E – effort is high
- A – attitude drops
- C – consciously incompetent
- E – effort drops
- A – attitude rises
- C – consciously competent
- E – effort rises
- A – attitude is high
- C – unconsciously competent
- E – effort drops
Deception is when your unconscious mind butts heads with your conscious mind – the healthy changes you’re making for weight loss…
this is where the sabotaging behaviors emerge.
Here are 9 common ways you’re deception
– The Victim isn’t bad; she just feels the need to protect herself from the world.
– The Rut Dweller isn’t bad; she just wonders if it’s too late for her to change.
– The Certainty Seeker isn’t bad; she just doesn’t want to step out into uncertainty.
– The Success Seeker isn’t bad; she’s just looking outside herself for something that she already has inside.
– The Pretender isn’t bad; she just doesn’t like who she is and she doesn’t want other people to have to be around the awful person that she thinks he is.
– The Escapist isn’t bad; she just isn’t able to face reality or admit that he’s on a life path that isn’t working.
– The Stressed Achiever isn’t bad; he just thinks that the way to get significance and be happy is to accomplish his goals at all costs.
BONUS Deception Pattern from a fitness pro:
- The Smooth Operator isn’t bad; she just sees her body’s muscle tone, fat and skin get more defined and she wants to smooth it all out again with overeating.
- The Filler isn’t bad; she just feels her clothes getting looser and she wants to fill the space with fat again.
6 Ways to supercharge weight loss when deception sets in:
Program your conscious mind by fulfilling your emotional needs in advance so that if the Victim, Rut Dweller, Certainty Seeker, Pretender, Escapist, Stressed Achiever, Smooth Operator or Filler show up – YOU KNOW you’re good, those patterns don’t matter because all your needs are met! Here are the 6 emotional needs. I suggest you journal every day with how you’re 6 needs are met every day. I did this after my neck injury to get the rut dweller and victim pattern to stop.
- Certainty – A sense of security, safety and comfort in the world
- Variety – A sense of change, interest and adventure
- Significance – A sense of uniqueness, individuality and being special
- Love & Connection – A sense of acceptance, belonging and support
- Growth – A desire to learn, grow and evolve
- Contribution – The desire to give to those around us
Are you ready to GROW to YOUR next level?
Join me on an exclusive journey to grow in 6 key areas of life: health, relationships, career and mindset. This program is designed to teach you not just why you’re stuck but how to become unstuck through tiny habitual changes. You’ll log in each day to exercises that take just 10 minutes to complete, an advisor video about various areas of life and/or negative ways you might be going about things, PLUS solutions…and longer, more in-depth trainings from Rod Hairston – the founder of Growth-U.
As a bonus this month not only do you get $50 off this program, you also get weekly zoom calls with me…FREE!
I’ll personally take you through this life-changing program to help you apply Growth-U’s teaching models directly into your life and goals.
Like Love is a Verb podcast? Almost all my teachings are directly from Growth-U’s mentorship, so if you want to take some concepts you’ve heard home to your life – this is the time to do so!
I only have room for TEN women to join me on this journey. We’ll go deep, so we gotta keep it small!
Go to http://www.laurenherrera.com/growth-u for more details and how to sign up!
TAG me listening to this episode and use #loveisaverbpodcast and I’ll feature you in my facebook and instagram stories!